Sex and Relationships Education (SRE) policy
The SRE policy is the starting point for good SRE in schools and a key requirement for gaining Healthy Schools status . (Core theme criteria 1.5)
However having a policy is not enough on its own. It needs to be up to date, well known to the school community and in practice.
Having a policy will help to:
- be clear about what you are doing and why
- make clear links to your school's values
- provide a means of communicating to the wider school community
- provide a secure framework for staff to work in
- ensure inclusion, and
- provide something against which you can monitor and evaluate your SRE.