Asthma Friendly Schools
We have joined he Asthma Friendly Schools programme, which is being rolled out in other parts of England.
To be an asthma-friendly schools. schools need to:
- Identify an Asthma Lead/Champion who has received training from Swindon's Public Health Nursing Team and/or accredited training via: Supporting Children's Health and Young People with Asthma (educationforhealth.org)
- Register of all pupils with asthma
- Personalised asthma action plan (PAAP) for each pupil
- Our school has emergency asthma kits available
- Asthma school policy (including emergency procedures)
The ICB can provide you with a logo when you confirm that you have self-assessed your school to meet the above criteria, using the self-assessment template. To confirm that you meet the above criteria, please contact us.
Suggested Templates for schools produced by BSW Integrated Care Board (ICB):