Why be a Healthy School?
- It informs and encourages young people to make healthy life style choices!
- It raises attainment, achievement and aspirations !
- It improves the well being of young people and the community !
- It meets the needs of the new Ofsted framework!
- It's life long learning and helps to reduce inequalities !
How do we know this ?
Children and young people tell us that they feel healthier, happier and safer when schools support them.
Parents tell us that they feel more involved in their children's health and learning and often feel better themselves.
Schools tell us that they feel more involved in their children's health, wellbeing and learning and this is encouraging in itself.
Schools tell us that being a Healthy School has brought sustained improvement in attendance, behaviour, standards of work and school management.
Schools tell us staff retention and retainment is good.
Ofsted say in an outstanding / good school young people are 'happy, confident and can explain what health and wellbeing involves'.