Charlie Waller Memorial Trust - Mental Health Free mental Health Training.
The purpose of the training is to develop and support pastoral staff in recognising and identifying early signns of mental health and to support young people in between appointments with basic therapy skills.The project will include:
- 10 face to face sessions for staff
- 3 local network meetings, to share and access learning
- An online pathway through MindEd
- 20 online webinars/ Q&As, recorded adn avaialble for free
- Working with Dr Pooky Knightsmith
- Weekly 30minute online sessions, every Tuesday at 6pm from September 2016
Training opportunities from SEF
Various training days and conferences available throught the Sex Education Forum, to support you in teaching SRE, read further to learn how to book a place.
Mental health Toolkit for Schools
With an increase in diagnosis of Mental Health in young people, it is important we promote it to raise awareness.
Public Health England and Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families have developed a toolkit to support schools. The aim of the toolkit is to raise awarenenss and measure subjective mental wellbeing of students. Schools can then use the data to identify mental wellbeing needs and use appropriate strategies to support the students.